April 10, 2011

god can make it grow

I was reading this book called No Perfect People Allowed, its about how to get people into your church and what attitude you should have in your church. There was this passage from the bible, and as i was reading it i became amazed at how it really shouted out at me! I wanted to share it with you:

I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are God's co-workers; you are God's field. 1 Corinthians 3:6-9

I began thinking this was exactly what is going on with me and mission compassion right now. I "planted" the seed in my kids minds, they "watered" it, and now God is making it grow! It started with me and the kids, i thought this would be a fantastic way to get people involved in our community, but i also thought it would show them what the Lord could do in peoples lives. I wanted to be able to bring more people into our church to make it grow, not just for our church but for those people out there that don't know what God did for them. Do you know of any other man that would willingly send his son to Die for our sins? God has done amazing things in my life, he has blessed me with a beautiful family, he has given me friends that mean the world to me, he has provided me with a church that i can attend without feeling pressured, a church where you can be whomever, dress however, and be yourself.. I could wear pajamas to church if i wanted- and those people would care less. Church is not about how much money you have, who you know, where you work or what kind of car you drive. Church is about going to praise our God for what he has given us, and to try to bring other people to know the lord so that they may have the same opportunity for those blessings. I think i got off the path there, lol. The lord has made mission compassion grow, i may have started this but without him it would have gone no where. I think he saw it as my way of trying to bless the people in our community, our neighbors and our friends. I am humbled by all the thank you's i have gotten, because there is no need for thanks. Its my honor and privilage to be doing this, and i can only hope its a huge success so that we may be able to do it again in the future

0 comments: