April 10, 2011

what do you believe

Church was interesting today! The message was about when we die and the book of life. Alot of people claim to be christians, go to church and live a life God would want us to live, but do you ever think about when you die and get to that gate? When you accept Jesus as your lord and savior you are SUPPOSED to live a better life, a life that isn't filled with sin. Some people think that when they pray the prayer, its a free ride card. Their names are automatically put in the book, so they can go on with their life (filled with sin) and then when they die they think "oh, well i prayed the prayer so i'm going to heaven". I wish people wouldn't live their lives like that! To me if you prayed the prayer- you are making a commitment to God to live right. To minister to others, and try to get them to accept jesus into their hearts, right? You don't just say, oh i accepted god into my heart, but i am still going to lie, cheat, steal, kill, do drugs, and be a basically crappy person. When a occasion arrives that i have the choice of doing something bad, i always have in the back of my mind "if i do it, when i get to heaven will i be turned away?" Alot of people don't think that way, but i do. Sometimes i have doubts, just as i'm sure you all do about God. I have caught myself looking around at church or thinking to myself, What if we are all believing in something that doesn't exist? What if when we die, we just die and thats it? Will we have spent all our lives in church, believing in something that isn't real? I mean, HOW do we know that God is real, and that there is a heaven, its not like we have SEEN it, so how do we know? Then i snap back to reality! I believe every word in the bible, I BELIEVE that God sent his ONLY son JESUS to die for my sins on a cross, and i BELIEVE he rose from the dead. I can't say WHY i believe that, i just do. I pray every day for my friends and family that don't know the lord, and for complete strangers too. Someone once said to me if god existed there wouldn't be pain and misery, hunger and hurt.. I say to that if there wasn't all that, how would we know what it is to be HAPPY, full, healthy and loved? May your day be blessed, and please BELIEVE!

0 comments: